Our goal is zero accidents or injuries.
Full-time Safety Director John Flynn has 11 years of safety experience and has obtained many certifications to ensure his continued commitment to the safety of all Contegra employees, subcontractors, and job sites.
Our safety and health program includes, but is not limited to:
- Provide mechanical and physical safeguards to the maximum extent possible.
- Conduct a program of safety and health inspections to find and eliminate unsafe working conditions or practices, control health hazards, and to comply fully with the safety and health standards for every job.
- Provide training for employees on proper safety and health practices.
- Provide necessary personal protective equipment and instruction for use and care.
- Develop and enforce safety and health regulations and require that employees cooperate with these rules as a condition of employment.
- Investigate, promptly and thoroughly, every incidient to determine cause and take any corrective measures to ensure it won’t happen again.
- Establish a system of recognition and awards for outstanding safety service or performance.
- OSHA 30 & OSHA 10 Classes
- PowerPoint safety training
- Safety Orientation
- Quarterly Superintendents Safety Meetings
- Project Safety Review and Inspections
- Updated Safety Manuals and Specifications
- Weekly Demonstrations and Documented “Tool Box Talks”
- Bi-Annual PFAS/PPE & Equipment Inspections
- Updated Site Specific Safety & Health Manuals
- Competent Person Designations
- EWP – Elevated Work Procedures and Regulations
- Southern Illinois Builders Association (SIBA)
- Associated General Contractors of Missouri (AGCMO)
- National Safety Committee | NSC, GCI, NFPA